Wednesday, May 13, 2009





















The gym is my sanctuary, intrusions are met with contempt. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to extending a friendly smile or fielding a passing comment. But I am utterly annoyed when someone attempts to jump-start a long winded conversation with me, in spite of the fact that it should be clear to their eyes and ears that my body language and lack of speech is saying I want to be left alone.

I prefer my 60-minute training sessions to be mostly devoid of social interaction, and primarily focused on myself while on or off task. Unless some one's training goals are the same as mine, anything they say or do is in the way of my progress. For this reason I rarely train with a partner, and it is neither motivational or helpful for me to do so. The what, when and how of my training is personally driven from within.

So 'bugga-boos' drink-up; it's on me.

No comments: