Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Every breath I take, every step I make, I'll be missing you.

I genuinely miss the mega entity of sports in the US in general, but I particularly miss the 'NFL' the most. As a die-hard Dallas Cowboys (aka America's team) fan it is hard for me to maintain my deep animosity and disdain for the Washington Redskins (aka Deadskins) and their misguided derelict fans, when my abusive editorials and gestures go unheard and unseen.

Basketball runs a very close second to football. I miss the drama of college hoops during 'March Madness' and the excitement of the 'NBA' play-offs.


I will never take designer discount department stores for granted ever again. The price of Under Armour and Nike Dri-Fit anything costs a small fortune in Malaysia.


Malaysia does not have a nation-wide debit/credit card system, which means I have to carry cash with me at all times. I miss this little convenient gem.


I absolutely miss American beef. I would kill for a Philly cheese-steak.


I miss Christmas at home. I also wish the politically correct self-righteous idiots would stop insisting the symbol of Christmas be called a spirit tree.


I miss Mexican food! I have yet to find a suitable substitute for my beloved chicken burrito from Chipotle.


Don't get me wrong warm tropical weather gels with me very well, but it would be nice to throw on a hoodie, lace up the Timberland's and stroll through some snow covered woods every once in a while.

More than anything, I miss my family and friends. If there is one of you I didn't say "I love you" to before I left for Malaysia, I'm saying it now.

2 comments:

Elina said...

we do, too, have a nationwide debit/credit card system. just cause you're not clued and logged into the system doesn't mean we don't!!

B-Flx said...

I define nation-wide as the ability to use a debit/credit card at most retail outlets (i.e. fastfood, 7 Eleven, department stores, small mom and pop stores, etc.) from east to west and north to south.

Malaysia's usage of this banking tool is not nation-wide. But I agree with you in that Maybank and other institutes offer it.