Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Exercise Your Music Muscle

It's been said that music soothes the savage beast. But when it comes to working out, it can help unleash the dragon. There is a human tendency to workout harder and longer when people exercise to their favorite tunes. Music helps distract people from the physical discomfort of a strenous workout. But not all types of music will red-line your engine; only the tunes and genre of music you really like. For example, the only thing a folk song is going to do for me in the gym is have me call it a day and roll out.


Here are 20 of my favorite tunes I like to bump in my ipod when I'm about to "Tear The Roof Off The Sucka!"

1. Rock Star - N*E*R*D
2. Knuckle Up - Sammy Sam
3. We Ready - Archie Eversole
4. 99 Problems - Jay-Z
5. Harder To Breathe - Maroon 5
6. Troublesome 96' - 2Pac
7. Fighter - Christina Aguilera
8. Shackles - Mary Mary
9. Unleash The Dragon - Sisqo
10. Burn Rubber - Gap Band
11. This Is The New Shit - Marilyn Manson
12. The Slave Who Became A Gladiator - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard (Gladiator)
13. Thunder - Prince
14. Lose Yourself - Eminem
15. Trina Moe - DMX
16. Da Rockwilder - Method Man & Redman
17. Home Alone - R. Kelly
18. Some Like It Hot - Power Station
19. Baby Got Back - Sir-Mix-A-Lot
20. Five Minutes Of Funk - Whodini

3 comments:

Allison Miranda said...

I really can't work out (or perform my best when working out) without music.

B-Flx said...

randi523: I agree, dead silence is not motivating at all. I need some music to really get it going.

Anonymous said...

you are totally right.i rember one time i was hip hop with a wroang tune .it almost break my neck and turn into BIG BIRD's lunch.