Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's A Hard Knock Life

A man's home is suppose to be his castle, but at my condo the drawbridge is stuck. A week ago a water pipe on the 18Th floor burst. As a result the stairwells of the building and elevator shafts became waterfalls. From then until now, only one elevator has been operable. However when I arrived home this evening after having completed 18 rounds of boxing training, and then taken 20 minutes to walk home, I was informed that all the elevators were malfunctioning.

So I sat in the lobby of the building for 10 minutes tweeting on my Blackberry in complete denial that I would have to walk up 14 flights of steps to get to my apartment. Maybe I wasn't in denial, I just needed a moment to feel sorry for myself.

Once I got my resolve together, I chalked the whole situation up to the hard knocks of life. On the bright side, I'm glad I don't live on the 33rd floor.

No comments: