Friday, November 13, 2009

What's Next?










Ever since the doors closed at GGKL (Gold's Gym KL) on 31 June, 2009, I don't recall a week that has gone by since that someone has not asked me when and where do you plan on opening another gym? In all honesty, I really didn't have an answer to either question. Sure, there were plenty of ideas floating around, but the means to execute any one them was proving to be difficult.


However patience and perseverance has its rewards. A possibility that was casually discussed about two months before closing GGKL is quickly developing into a brand new mid-size 12,000 square foot state-of-the-art gym around the KL area.


I'm not ready to disclose the exact location of the gym just yet, but I will when it's appropriate. I will tell you that the aesthetics of the club will be very pleasing once the kit-out is complete. It will also boast a large variety of exercise equipment and alternative training modes. Did I forget to mention the all-glass aerobic room next to the horizon swimming pool with a view that over-looks the Twin Towers and city central? Must have slipped my mind.


This project is tentatively scheduled to open the first week of February (Chinese New Year). Maybe by that time we will have named the Gym. The Oxygen Club sounds like a catchy tag to me. Sorry, 'Uncle Joe' won't be making an appearance at this facility. But plans are in the woodwork to bring Gold's Gym back in another location(s).


Here is a teaser of things to come:








2 comments:

Brandon said...

Dude, it's wonderful you guys are opening again. Not operating under Gold's Gym anymore? What are the brands of equipment the gym will have?

B-Flx said...

A business decision was made not to brand this gym under the Gold's name, but Gold's will re-appear at another place and time.

This facility will be stocked with Hammer Stength, Cybex, Nautilus and Kieser.

That's about all I can say for now.