Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Doing it in the park

In the last month before Gold's Gym shut its doors there was a lot of chatter amongst the members about what fitness center they would join next. I was solicited for suggestions on several occasions by numerous people. But funny, I didn't give much thought to where I would workout. The gym in my condo is a joke, and I can't bear the thought of joining a former competitor's gym. So I think KLCC park will have to be my stumping grounds.

The playground is actually a great place to workout, minus any screaming kids. The surface surrounding the area is non-skid and cushioned. There are plenty of bars to hang the TRX (suspension trainer) and bands on. The track is close by for warm-up and sprints. I certainly can't complain about the aesthetics or lack of space. Best of all, I can get a white chocolate latte from Coffee Bean when I'm done.

No comments: