Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pole Dancing

No, I'm not looking to perform three 20-minute sets on Friday and Saturday evenings to put myself through college or turn in my boxing gloves for a pair of 6 inch pumps. I just thought I might try something well off my radar. Case in point, I just recently started training for Aikido which probably doesn't surprise anyone. But the idea of me pole dancing leaves most people with a puzzled look on their face. Luckily my feelings and ego are pretty much bullet proof to any wise cracks. The fact that I have the kahunas to make this post should tell you that.

Whether any heterosexual homophobic jocks want to admit it, performing pole stunts takes a considerable amount of strength. Trying to hang upside down from a vertical pole using mostly the muscles of the inner-thighs and no hands usually results in a head concussion. I have to give the You-Tube pole dancing superstars their props! They make the difficult look easy.

Rough economic times call for drastic measures. I may go on a male pole dance review entertaining lonely-heart women at the next high tea. Please don’t take me seriously. The 9 second video that follows is all I have to give.



No comments: