Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Flat Line



At 6:00 A.M. I reluctantly left the dragon's lair to torture a few willing clients with intensive physical labor. For some odd reason they seem to enjoy this, and even pay me for my efforts. It's a strange relationship that we have; I simply point to various mechanical devices and order them to to push, pull, shove and buck until they are exhausted. For an hour this scenario is repeated until every muscle in their body has been thoroughly abused. Then compliments and good-byes are exchanged, and we plan to meet again in a couple of days. How this even qualifies as a profession is beyond me, but such as life.

However this impromptu post is not about fitness; it's about my aero sport all terrain bed with dual power pump (that was a mouth full). After I got home from my morning ordeal, I went to climb aboard my comfy air mattress, and then ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh son of #@$#^&*!!!!!! damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!! My bed is no longer the fluffy cloud of heaven it use to be. Instead it has sunken to the depths of hell, along with my deflated spirit and any hopes of having a good night's sleep until tomorrow, when I go to the mall to retrieve another. Maybe I can turn the bed sheets into a hammock.

2 comments:

Allison Miranda said...

Coming from a recent college grad that had to sleep on an air mattress for a year, they SUCK!! Esp. for extended use

B-Flx said...

As a single mattress, I agree air beds suck, that's why I have a spring mattress underneath mine.